Monday, November 21, 2011

day 63 (Blog Crush Week)

This week is dedicated to all the bloggers that I crush on.

I have always been a blog lurker.
 I love to read them but never comment. If I did  my comments would consist of "you are so cool", and "that's awesome", and probably another "you are so cool" and maybe a "I wish we were friends" and I don't want to scare anyone or sound to lame... so that is why I lurk.

Blogs are funny, you get so attached to the people who write them. They become your friends without ever having to meet.

These gals are like that for me. I can't wait to hear what they are up to, what they are wearing, what they are making... I just can't wait to hear from them.

I am proud to say that I have left my lurker status behind me and have spoken to all these ladies and they are as sweet and nice as I could have imagined.

And best of all they all agreed to be featured in the 365.

Blog Crush number 1.

My Girl Thursday.

 I do not just follow Thursday on her blog. I follow her around our city to thrift stores, craft shows, indoor playgrounds, and splash pads. I followed her for so long that she finally gave in and now we are friends.















16 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! Can't wait to see other blogs you love this week, too, because I love Thursday's blog! :)

Mel said...

oh.my.word... you are too much! I'm sure Chantilly is tickled pink.. and you did a great job - as usual!! You're so cute.
xo
Mel
www.needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com

Kailey said...

'and maybe a "I wish we were friends"'

Oh my god, EXACTLY! Can't wait to see the rest <3

Anonymous said...

what a fabulous idea! and you started with someone I like, so I can't wait to see more of this week!

Unknown said...

I wish we were friends


(goes quietly back to lurking....)

Kate said...

This post is bound to bring all your lurkers out of hiding ... such as myself.

Love your work, you're awesome, you're cool, can we be friends?, and the like. :)

Heidi said...

OK. I think I say this every week, but BEST WEEK EVER. I can't wait to see them all. I love Thursday's blog.

http://oliveobserver.blogspot.com/

Desiree said...

Oh lovey!! I'm so glad to know both you ladies!!

kaylah said...

Holy Cow, this is AMAZING!

Lune said...

This is outstanding. Great job!

Annika said...

Ha-ha! I love your introduction to this weeks topic. I feel the same about all the blogs I love and read every day! I wish we were friends! Great embroidery, it really captures the design of Thursday!

Sara said...

This is so wonderful. I can't wait to see which others are also featured this week. Keep bringing the talent! :)

-Sara-

Monique Lopez said...

Aw wow. So I totally relate to this post! (Also I think you and your work is just so incredibly awesome! The minute I saw your stitching's I fell in love with them) Heh I even posted a similarly themed post the other day on my own blog, but I'm still working up the courage to not be so shy and try to communicate with all the bloggers and artists I admire.

Looking forward to your future posts and works :)
- Monique

Helen Overton said...

Amazing, I love this! I just came over from My Girl Thursday, I love the combination of the embroidery with that gorgeous fabric.

Samantha K said...

Hello, I'm a lurker. Seriously I think you some how got in my head. Usually I read a post and have all these funny, witty, and intelligent remarks and when I comment it comes out as cool.
Anyway I just came across your blog from My Girl Thursday and needed to let you know just how cool your art it.

tia ann said...

I know what you mean about thinking you're friends;)) I'm new to your blog, saw you on a beautiful mess! I'm about to lurk around on your little blog!