Friday, May 25, 2012

Days 244, 245 and 246

I want to take the time to tell you a bit about my wonderful husband.

Today was a really frustrating day. I have been spending the last couple of weeks finishing more sketches for the project, doing the daily embroideries, trying to catch up on days that I couldn't embroider this year, getting ready for the summer art shows, building displays, making new product.

yada yada.... I could go on.

But he didn't let me.

"You do this to yourself." he told me.

"No one has these expectations but you."

He has been so patient and supportive with this project. But I know he finds it frustrating sometimes.


At midnight he came downstairs where I was sewing and said, "Come to bed... its late".

But stubbornly I told him that I was going to finish what I was working on.

It is now 3:00am and I  wish I had gone to bed. I am tired and am going to be a mess tomorrow morning. I am lucky that I have someone looking out for me. Sometimes I think he doesn't understand but he knows me better than I know myself.

So I leave you with me and my guy. The greatest guy who agreed to have our 7 year old daughter take some lovely photos of us that I then sewed. The kind a guy that lets you stand on his feet because you tell him it will be a great shot.

I'm coming up to bed buddy.










10 comments:

jorjiapeach said...

<3

Mel said...

I think that image of standing on his toes is perfect for showing how our great guys can hold us up so often (even when we're absolutely freakin' nutso craft junkies who need to be told to JUST got to BED!).
You know I hear ya on this... heck, we were just talking about it! lol
Drop Claire off here this morning if you need a nap... for reals! xox

Angel said...

This is so sweet. :]

Petunia Mae said...

Awwwwwww I love these!

Jessica said...

I am really inspired by your work, and it's equally inspiring to hear how much of yourself you put into it. Thanks for sharing this personal moment.

Andrea Deal said...

Love these ones! You amaze me! The amount of beautiful work you do is so incredible! Up till 3am- I do that kind of crap to myself all the time too!

Batty said...

I'm not sure how you are even able to do all of these. It's amazing. But remember to go to bed!! <3

Desiree said...

<3 Looooooooooooooove.

Little Monster said...

This is soo cute! Also I don't think I've told you before but I was just going through the archives for a friend to find some of my favourites and you have such great taste in movies and TV shows!

Tricia @ Daring Hue said...

These are so lovely. You make amazing work.